Important legislation in the labor market
Sweden has a labor market
legislation that includes many unusual regulations. Some of those may look like
potential sources of conflicts, but in reality operations run smoothly as all
parties involved are familiar with and used to those regulations.
- Very strong reasons are required for an employer to be
allowed to dismiss an employee, according to the act on Security of Employment.
- Employees are entitled to take part in a strike that their
trade union has approved.
- Employees are entitled to representation on company boards
- The act on Employee participation in decision-making
stipulates that a company must negotiate with trade unions before making major
changes, investments and such like.
- The act on equality between women and men at work protects
employees against discrimination based on sex.
- Employees are entitled to take leave of absence for
- Working environment as safety and health as well as working
conditions at the places of work are regulated by the Work Environment Act.
Industry & Trade
Contents About... E-mail